Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Donation Corner: Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer

I know...I'm behind in my posts. Over the holidays I signed up for a walk that I made the decision to walk back in October. I guess I'm behind in other areas of my life too!!

For the last few years, I've walked in the Atlanta 2-day Walk for Breast Cancer. As great an organization as that is, I'm trying a new walk for the same cause this year. In October I'll walk 60 miles in three days with several other thousands of men and women who also raised money for the cause. This is not only a longer distance than the 2-Day walk, but I also need to raise more funds: $2,300.00.

Let's talk a little more about that cause. Eighty-five percent of the net proceeds for this year's even will go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Every advancement in breast cancer research, treatment, education and prevention in the last 25 years has been touched by a Komen Grant. And most everyone has been touched in some way by breast cancer through a mother, a wife, a sister, or a friend.

Please join me in raising awareness and funds for this amazing organization. (Click here to donate.) They have helped so many women cope with and survive breast cancer; I'm walking so they can continue to do just that.

No comments: