Friday, August 15, 2008

Sweetie

That's what Eli calls Maddux these days. I love it. L.O.V.E.I.T. He's done it here and there for a month or so, but in the last week, it's been several times a day. Today he looked at her after we got in the car and said, "Hi, Sweetie!!" Then, just before their naps, the kids were dancing to some music and Maddie fell down. Eli said, "I help her up. Get up, Max! Here...I help you up with hands. Get up, Sweetie!" They are going through an AWESOME stage right now where they love each others' company all of the time. Maddie rushes to Eli's room first thing in the morning to see him. The other night when Eli was at the rained out game with Lehr, Maddie kept going into Eli's room and calling out. Made my cheeks hurt from smiling. And when Eli is allowed to play on the back deck while I prepare lunch for the kids, he always asks if she can come outside to play with him. He doesn't seem to want to go outside when I tell him she can't come. They crave the company of their sibling right now. I frequently tell Eli that Maddux is his best friend and she always will be.....maybe some of the brainwashing is working. Regardless of the cause for the behavior: Life is good.

No comments: