Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Enjoy It While It Lasts

While I was trying to kill some time before lunch today, I pulled out a borrowed umbrella stroller. I have a doctor's appointment in a few days, and I need to keep Maddux 'contained' so she doesn't crawl around the exam room while I'm otherwise occupied. Since our stroller is a large jogging one, it tends to be a bit clumsy and awkward anywhere but the trails, so I asked a friend for help. Since I've never used one, I wanted to check the ins and outs to make sure I was competent enough. One of the trial runs was putting Maddux in and checking the seat belt system. Everything worked fine, but that's when the fun started for the kids. Eli saw what I was doing and said, "I push Max." I gave him a quick instruction to not tip her and he was off. He pushed her around for 'a walk', as he called it...all around the driveway. Then he said he wanted to push her around the cul-de-sac, like we do with the big car and the 4-wheeler. Eli was very cautious the whole time, and Maddux had a blast!

During bath time tonight, Maddux returned the love. Eli was sitting in the front with his back to her. She started rubbing his back with her hands like she was washing it. Then she pulled out her washcloth and continued the job. Her version of 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours', I guess.

No comments: