Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

The bleeding gums are back. Eli woke up from his nap on Saturday crying out for several minutes until I got to him. When I opened his door, he way lying on his back in his crib, just crying and holding his mouth. As soon as he saw me, he said "Teeth Hurt!!" Poor guy. Of course that was only the second time since Maddux's birth that Lehr and I were leaving the kids for a date (Lehr's Christmas party), so the guilt was flowing. Eli had a great time playing with Uncle D, but he did cry out for Daddy a bit after Dave put him to bed.

Eli and I watched the original "Grinch" on Saturday. He doesn't see much TV, but that is such a great holiday show, and given his pain factor, I figured a little indulgence was in order. Eli was mesmerized. He only broke his glazed-over gaze to say "Kiss-mas Tee!" or "Tar!" (star) every once in a while.

Sunday I was otherwise occupied all day, so after 1PM, Lehr was on double-duty. There were plenty of bottles for Maddux, but apparently she refused them. This meant she didn't eat anything from 1PM-6:30PM. That's a pretty long (daytime) stretch for her! No wonder she was in such a foul mood for Lehr! He said he knew she must be miserable because she was even crying in the Jump & Go.

1 comment:

SmallvilleMom said...

Poor Eli! He needs to hurry up and get those teeth in..he's having such a hard time. Ben and I got to go out on a date this weekend too and Ava refused the bottle from Grandma (even though she's taken it before).