Monday, December 10, 2007

Trouble....

I really have no business posting today; it's been a rough one where Eli is concerned. The last week has revealed a few less-than-desirable behaviors, but today was the most defiant. The kids and I dropped off some gifts at a local donation center and Eli was a typical 2-year-old. I really do try to not put too much expectation on him to be 'good' all the time, but certain things are not acceptable. Like going into someone's office and touching EVERYTHING. Granted, there were 'fun' things to see (Christmas trees and presents), but that's no excuse. I obviously need to start teaching Eli the concept of "hands-in-your-pockets". We then went to Willy's for dinner (Eli's fave) and took a quick spin through Publix (right next door). Lehr pushed the kids around while I got all of the necessities. Daddy's report was that Eli was incredibly defiant in everything....defiance for the sake of defiance. Hold on to your hats, folks!

Speaking of concepts, one of Eli's teachers taught him shapes recently and he's been showing off his skills at home. He knows how to put his pointer fingers and thumbs together to make a triangle! We were driving last week and all of the sudden Eli yells out "TY-ANGLE!!". We'd talked about triangles recently, so I thought nothing of it until I looked in my rear view mirror and saw him concentrating very hard while trying to put his fingers together just so. I asked him who taught the finger-triangle and he said, "San-da" (Ms. Shanda). Very cool!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh girl .. you are not alone!!! life here is crazy. If it's not one it's the other. Mostly Pacer these days though. He will do something and I'll tell him no and he does it again while looking at me with a face that makes you want to scream. You know the one that says ..."I know i'm not supposed to be doing this but I'm doing it anyway and what yougoing to do about it?" long days around here!