Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sing For Your Supper

Eli has grown fond of 'singing' recently. A few weeks back, he played in his crib for a whopping two hours before going down for a nap. Most of that time was spent 'singing' "Eli's Coming". Eli's version is a monotoned "Ee-I's Comin! Eee-I's Comin!" He asks for several songs by name: "Mane-der Tong" (Away in a Manger), "Een-gel Tong" (Hark! The Herald Angels Sing), "Take Ballgame Tong" (Take Me Out To The Ballgame), "Tun-tine Tong" (You Are My Sunshine), and "Ee-I Tong" (Eli's Coming). In the last few weeks he has added a few random songs to that list that I can only assume he learned at school. He asked for the "Pie-der Tong" and I correctly guessed "Itsy Bitsy Spider", and he asked for "Tar Tong", which was "Twinkle Twinkle". However "Ty-angle Tong" and "Owl Tong" I am lost on. I asked him to sing his "Ty-angle Tong" for me the other day and it sounded a little like "Twinkle Twinkle", but with a few "Ty-angle"s thrown in. Here is a quick sampling of Eli's singing.

No comments: