Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Might As Well Jump!

What a day! Eli and I planned to meet three other kids and their moms for a walk and then a trip to the local jump-castle (as Eli calls it), Kangazoom. We've visited it a few times in the past, but Eli has never really been interested in the large inflatables. After the last neighborhood get-together, Eli changed his tune, and for weeks he's been asking for it. First thing this morning it was a bit chilly, so we skipped the walk (only to have the weather turn out to be BEAUTIFUL) and went straight for the jumping. Eli had a great time running around with Tyler, Noah, and Logan, and a few other kids he knows from church that just happened to show up. His favorite part by far is the large 'castle' with two hoops in it. Even though there is no chance Eli could make the basket, he loves to stay in there and throw the balls. I had Maddux strapped to the front of me in the bjorn and she giggled a bunch when I entered the 'hoops' with Eli and jumped up and down. After two hours of running, throwing, jumping and climbing, we called it a day.

After Eli's nap we went for a walk around the neighborhood, where Eli pointed out the 'pall down hoop' and any Christmas lights or trees he saw ("Kiss-mas tee!!"). Lehr got home in enough time for us to put out some Christmas decorations before baths. Eli was oh-so excited. I hung a small strand of tinsel garland, intertwined with lights, above his window. Holy Moly, did his eyes light up! After baths I read Eli books and put him to bed, which was 'exciting' because Lehr usually does that each night. (Lehr played with Maddux and got a few giggles. More about that later.) Eli and I read two books, one of which was "Twas The Night Before Christmas", which is new to Eli. I found it quite amusing that Eli gets confused and responds "zheesus" sometimes when I point to Santa and ask who it is. (On a side note, during our walk we passed a manger scene and I stopped for a minute. I pointed out the three wise men, Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus. Then I said, "What do you think they are saying to Jesus?" Eli responded, "Hap. Birt-day." Exactly the answer I hoped for, but never thought I would get.) After books I sang some Christmas songs to Eli: "Silent Night", "Away In A Manger", "Hark The Herald Angels Sing", and "Joy To The World". (I was attempting to explain why we celebrate "Happy Birthday, Jesus", and I'm so glad he is young because I'm sure I botched it.) As far as the songs go, Eli could not get enough. When I finished he said, "Please. More Kiss-mas Tongs." Melt melt.

Back to Maddux. She and Lehr hung out while I put on the off-key Christmas concert and Lehr recorded (audio) a taste of the screech monkey and her antics. I am working to get the clip uploaded....

No comments: