Monday, December 03, 2007

Screech Monkey

Seriously. Maddux has no concept of the phrase 'inside voice'. She has been more vocal than Eli ever was and in a totally different way. She loves to sit and blow bubbles, while humming so she can create a 'ppbblll' sound mixed with a 'mmmmmm'. Her other favorite is to laugh, full-bellied, in a high-HIGH-pitched voice. Of course her most vocal time of day is the afternoon, during the time when Eli gives Mommy two blissful hours of down-time (aka Eli's naptime). She is so loud I often take her on the back porch so she won't wake him up. She seriously does not know how to not make noise. Don't get me wrong; I love that she is that happy. Sometimes I just wish she would express her joy a little less shrill-ly.

Mad Dog has had three meals of avocado so far, but she's yet to ingest more than a teaspoon total. Every time I feed her she takes a bite, begrudgingly, but she takes it. Then she moves it around in her mouth for a few seconds before making a not-so-pleased face and bubbling it back out. It amazes me that the total amount she 'eats' each meal doesn't even equal one of Eli's spoonfuls these days.

No comments: