Friday, December 07, 2007

Mother Eli??

So Maddux is five months old. Since July she's nursed anywhere from 5-8 times each day. That's five months at approximately thirty days each with an average of seven feedings each day. 1050 feedings, give or take. And out of the blue, after all of those feedings, most of which Eli is present for, he mimicked me for the first time today.

During our afternoon walks Eli brings a book or two, and maybe a small toy, in BOB with us. Recently he's been asking to bring "Sam", a small stuffed dachshund dog. As we were pulling onto our street at the end of the walk, Eli said "Doggie. Peed." I couldn't see Eli very well, nor could I clearly hear him because his BOB cover was pulled down. I asked him to repeat himself and then figured he must be talking about actual peeing, due to our recent focus on potty training. But when I repeated it back to Eli, he tried to clarify, meaning I was incorrect in my interpretation of his words. "Doggie. PEEEEED!" I finally pulled the BOB cover back so I could see what he was talking about. Eli had his shirt pulled halfway up and he had placed the dog's nose/mouth on his upper stomach. "Doggie. PEEEED. Milk!", he repeated. I have not laughed that hard in a long time.

2 comments:

SmallvilleMom said...

That is hilarious!! Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness - how cute! That is great. thanks for the laugh!