Thursday, November 08, 2007

Update

Sorry I haven't posted this week. We got new carpet installed upstairs and Eli has been 'difficult', so my free time has been very limited. Not much new to report re: Eli's misbehavior and hitting. He's lost rights to all of his sports equipment this week due to hitting/swatting. He did really well on Tuesday, so he was able to play with the soccer ball Tyler brought to the mountain yesterday, but ten minutes after we started playing, Eli swatted Ty's back. Then he swatted at Lehr in Target last night. Bye-bye sports again!! Eli does get it though. While we were walking with Tyler and his mommy yesterday morning, Eli told her, "Soccer goal. Time-out."

Maddux is growing up so fast!! I had her in the nursery with me while I worked at MOPS this week and she was the biggest baby. The only one that was similar in size was a 9-month old. WOW! My baby is a linebacker! This week she discovered that her hand can open and close. It's so much fun to see her stare at her fingers as she makes and releases her fist. Mad Dog is also in love with her brother. Eli had her giggling so hard last night, and it was right before her bath when she's normally exhausted and irritable. In Maddie's eyes, Eli can do no wrong. Both kids love to lie in Eli's crib while I read them stories. I try to read Maddux a book or two while Eli is sleeping each day; she touches the pages, but doesn't get too excited. When she's in his crib and I'm reading, she smiles and coos up a storm, mainly because she is watching Eli.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That's precious (her cooing at him!). Enjoy this time because the time is coming where they won't enjoy each other as much :)

Stick to your guns on the hitting. It's just a phase and he will out grow it!