Monday, November 19, 2007

An Everexpanding Vocabulary

It's not as if he didn't pick up new words before, but now Eli repeats them seconds after he hears them! After Eli's nap this afternoon, we played with Maddux for about five minutes before I put her down for a nap. Eli played in the hall while I placed Maddux in her crib. I said, "Good night, sweet-pea." to Maddux before I walked away from her crib. As soon as I walked out and closed her door, Eli looked at me and said, "goodniiigh tee-pee".

Last night as the four of us ate dinner, we saw another bug in the house (I'm almost immune at this point). Lehr, shocked by the size, responded with a "Holy Moly". Eli said, "Oh-lee Moe-ee" all night.

Eli was reminded of his pleasant pool visits when we visited the pool house last night. This morning he told me over and over that he wanted to "jumppp" off the "dy-bing bohd" into the "kee-dee pool".

No comments: