Sunday, November 11, 2007

Time Flies!

Maddux is growing up so fast. We put her in the exersaucer this weekend for the first time. She seemed to like it ok, even though she's not pushing herself around yet. Of course when Eli came over and played with the toys, she giggled uncontrollably. I really need to keep the video camera strapped to me for those occasions!! Maddie is a true yoga baby; she practices "happy baby pose" all of the time now. She grabs her toes and coos. That's another thing we missed out on with Eli: foot play when he was a young baby. By the time he was out of his bar enough to play with his feet, he'd moved on to bigger and better things.

Our big girl is fully in size 6-12month clothing and size 3 diapers now. Did I mention she just turned 4-months last week? She outweighs all other like-aged babies we know, and she is only one size behind her brother in diapers. One size behind her two-year old brother. She must have very sticky bones because she still does not eat a whole lot, nor very often. She will be starting 'solid' foods around Christmas - that snuck up on me! It really hit me this week that I need to be sure and soak all of these little baby milestones up. I've always told myself two kids - no more. If that is the reality, this is my *last* chance to experience all of these baby gems. That has definitely caused me to stop in my tracks.

1 comment:

jolibe said...

Just peeking in...
I feel the same way about Danika growing up way too fast. It's made me re-think the 2 kid "limit" I had always thought I had. I'm finding the 2nd time around has been sooo much more fun. Maybe I'm just more relaxed? Maddux is an absolute doll! Beautiful.