Sunday, November 18, 2007

Donation Corner: World Vision

The holidays are fast approaching which means everyone is hitting you up for charitable donations. And then when they're done, their kids come and ask for more money/food/gifts. Please do not view my Donation Corner in that light. I am not asking any of you for any contributions. I am simply providing information on charities that I deem worthy and in need, should you be looking for a place to contribute.

This month I'm highlighting a charity that is unique, in my opinion. It allows you to contribute money to specific parts of the world and to specific needs. World Vision gives you a breakdown of exactly what your contribution will provide. For example, you can donate $25 to be used to purchase two chickens for a family. They can eat the eggs as well as sell them for income. Or you can donate $16 and purchase two soccer balls for impoverished kids.

That's it. I'm not going to hit you over the head with it...World Vision is there if you choose to use it.

No comments: