Monday, November 05, 2007

Donation Corner: Charity Navigator

Isn't it neat when something just clicks. When connections are made in your life that make you say, 'WOW'. Yesterday our pastor talked about ways to give during the holiday season. Specifically, he talked about how you might ask the people in your life to consider donating instead of or in addition to buying you a gift. I'm happy to say that God had already been working in my heart on this particular matter. In the past month Lehr and I have had more than one conversation about this very thing. It is our wish that instead of buying us more 'stuff', friends and family choose a charity, or pick from one of our 'favorites', to donate to. We honestly don't need anything (though I am asking Santa for a bug-free, rodent-free house, at least for the holidays), and it seriously would make me more happy to know money is going towards someone who truly has a need.

If you feel led to give this year, or if you were considering purchasing a gift for your favorite babbling blogger, I have a link of previous Donation Corner spotlights to the right of my posts. If none of those are in line with where your heart or head are right now, check out the Charity Navigator to find one that suits you. This month I'm going to leave it to you to find your own Donation Corner. Please let me know if you find one you find worthy of a spotlight!!

No comments: