Sunday, May 13, 2007

We're In!

Many many hours of packing, making car trips, cleaning, rearranging, lifting, stressing later, we are officially in the 'new' house. Now the hard part comes, as I'm quickly realizing. The unpacking and updating of this house is a bit overwhelming at the moment, but I just need to remind myself of the end product. This was rather difficult for me last night and today. I went to the other house to clean up and I took a few moments to enjoy the familiarity and cleanliness. (Speaking of which, the new owners of that house are lucky duckies. I really cleaned it up nicely, but on top of that, the house is only seven years old, so there are no weird smells, no stained carpets, no holes in the walls or carpets, no gouges in the wood floors... It is quite different from how our current house looked when we took possession. And I'm even more fired up about the poor cleaning job now that I've cleaned my house. If I can clean the baseboards and corners, why can't someone who cleans for a living?! But I digress....)

Eli had a great day yesterday as we moved; he spent the majority of it with Cooper and his parents. Apparently he napped for three hours and went to the mall to ride on the mechanical cars, trains, and buses with Cooper. I'm glad he enjoyed his time because it was a huge help to have him cared for so we could devote our full attention to the move.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leah said her house was filthy when she moved in, too. That sucks. Each time we've moved, we cleaned our old house before we left as a courtesy. Good luck! - Courtney

Heather said...

Congrats on being in the new pad! Hope the next week goes good as you unpack and make your new home "homey".

jolibe said...

What a relief it must be for you! Yea!!!

I'm a clean freak too and I've yet to move in to a house that was as clean as the old house I had left. I think most people are just lazy - it's too bad really.