Friday, May 11, 2007

Almost There!

Movers come in the morning...hold on Eli - you've almost made it!

I'm trying to be optimistic about Eli's situation; hopefully this move is helping him realize he's not going to get even 75% of Mommy and Daddy's attention sometimes. Hopefully this will help prepare him for the baby. On a good day right now, I get four boxes packed while he's awake. That's really not too many. Especially now that we're down to the wire and the boxes are all the last minute stuff. Between that and the constant trips to and from the new house for paint selection, drop off of boxes/stuff, unpacking, etc., Eli is still as confused as ever. I only utilized MMO once this week, but Eli tried to run back to me as soon as I left, so he's still pretty clingy. I've really tried to spend some QT with him this week: we went to the park two days, his gym class one day, and we've had some one-on-one play time at the house. (This is a little difficult considering a lot of his stuff is already moved over.) Unfortunately it's been quite warm this week so any outdoor activity is short lived. Plus it seems like Eli is especially accident prone these days. He is a klutz like me, so he's always running into the walls, or tripping on his own feet. But it seems like each time he's done that this week he's ended up with a big scrape (boo-boo) or a big bruise.

On a positive note, thank you all for your de-smelling suggestions, but I *think* we have overcome the worst of it. I sprayed some Oust odor-eating spray in the cabinets and all around (in the air) on Tuesday, and when I went back yesterday I was not hit in the face with old-house-smell. Hooray!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez - funny how you're expecting your second the same distance apart as my boys, and moving at about the same time I did when I was pregnant with Jake. It's rough...believe me, I know. Michael was in Jax during the week, so I had to do all the packing in between work and caring for Brandon, and then all the unpacking when he worked after moving to Jax. Not an easy task. We moved again (back to Melbourne) 6 months later with a 2 yr old and a 3 month old - that wasn't fun either. Good luck! You will survive! - Courtney

jolibe said...

We're in the process of finding a house (we've been looking since the end of Feb!). And I am totally dreading the whole process of packing, moving and unpacking with my 18 mo. son (and possibly a newborn if we don't find a house by July 13!).

It's funny you say Eli's a klutz - my son inherited my klutzy-ness too! And lately my son's been getting big boo-boos too! It must be the season or something! Hang in there you're in the home stretch! :)