Friday, May 25, 2007

More Favorites

I tried to count how many times I mention a new favorite thing; I stopped counting at 15. It seems Eli does a lot of stuff I deem 'favorite'....

I love how Eli takes inventory every day. If we are sitting at the table eating breakfast, he'll point to me and say, "mommy", then he'll point to his bowl and say, "meal" (oatmeal), then he'll point to the phone and say, "hello", then he'll point to the empty chair and say, "chair. daddy." This can go on for quite some time. He of course also points to my belly and says, "be be" and then leans over with a closed mouth (finally!) to kiss it. Melt, melt....

I love how helpful Eli wants to be. Now that the weather is warmer, we spend most days outside, so when I get Eli dressed each morning I put sunscreen on him, just in case. He is pretty good about this for now; he'll even rub some on his own skin if you ask him to. Recently he's started to sign 'please' and then say "mommy" while he holds out his hand. This means he wants some lotion for his hand so he can rub it on mommy. Love it. He also is completely beside himself with joy when he gets to help daddy do something, anything, requiring tools. Lehr usually blows out the garage and/or driveway a few times a week and Eli loves to be chased with the blower.

Eli loves the camera (big shocker, I know). He received a play, spiderman camera for his first Christmas and he loves the gift even now. It has sound effects when you push the buttons, and Eli loves to pretend to take pictures with it each day. I currently have it hooked up to his stroller so he can play with it while we walk. His newest trick is holding it up to his mouth or eye and saying, "Chee" (cheese). Then after a few moments he'll say, "mommy" and point it toward me right before he depresses the button. Last night he did the same to Lehr ("Daddy!!").

Finally, I love how much Eli loves the water. We went to our neighborhood swimming pool tonight for the season opener. Eli had an absolute blast in the kiddie pool which was about a foot deep. He can sit, walk, or even crawl in there without going under water, which makes it easy for me to let him play in there without getting in myself.

No comments: