Friday, August 06, 2010

Manis & Pedis

So I've struggled the last two days to fill our mornings with fun, time-passing activities. We are sequestered to our bedrooms given the heat and the renovations, so out-of-house activities are preferred. For some reason I'm having a hard time coming up with enough of them to last me until Eli comes home. I blame the heat. If it weren't 150% humidity, Maddux and I would be park-ing it a lot, or at least going for hikes and/or walks, but it's ri-don-kerous out there!!

This morning I asked a friend if she and her daughter wanted to get together for a bit...a good play date ought to help! She suggested letting the girls get their nails done and I thought it was a great idea. We went to a shop nearby that gave us mommy pedicures and mini manis and mini pedis all for $35/family. Good stuff!! Maddux picked out pink and purple...I think the pink is on her toes and the purple-ish is on her fingers. Then the nail tech painted a few small flowers on some nails, but most of them look a little 'finger paint' like now, due to Maddux not letting them totally dry. That being said, she did REALLY well. Both Maddux and Anni sat very still while the women put lotion on their toes, scuffed the bottoms of their feet (even though I know it tickled) and painted their little nails. They even cut Maddux's fingernails, which was great because they were getting too long anyway.

Great 'girl' date for us, and Maddux had a blast. Life is good.

No comments: