Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Maddie, At Her Best

The past two weeks have been Maddie, Maddux, Mad Dog, all of the time. Of course I've forgotten most of the crazy things she's said and done, but a few have stuck around in my brain long enough to be recorded:
  • "Schlums" Maddux calls her thumb a "schlum". She still sucks it when tired, so the word comes up often enough. Specifically when she's got nail polish on. I tell her that it will come off if she sucks her thumb, and also that I won't paint her fingernails if she sucks her thumb. She often sucks for a moment (if there is paint on) and then pull her thumb out, look at it and say, "Da paint is still on my schlum!"
  • "Abocado" Self explanatory. I love how she says this. And I've learned with both kids that if I correct them, they will learn the right way to say it and that makes me sad because I no longer get to hear their cute way of saying certain words. So for now, I don't correct Maddie anytime she says 'abocado'.
  • "Struttin" If you've seen Mad Dog walk, you know she has a strut. Sometimes it's silly, sometimes it's a swagger, but it's always 'loud' and visual. The other day we were walking out of the Y and Maddie was doing her usual, swinging her shoulders as she walked. This time she'd worked her hands into her pockets as well, making it all that much 'more'. She was so into her walking that a woman actually commented on her and her personality. No new news here!

No comments: