Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Tick Tock

Music Music Music....how many times do I post about music and my kids!! I remember (back in the day) when I was impressed by Eli's ability from a very early age to identify songs within the first few notes of a song. Sure, as adults there are songs that we all know: Stairway to Heaven, We Will Rock You, Don't Fear The Reaper.. But these kids have untrained ears. But these kids don't have years of music-listening in their repertoire. But these kids are BABIES!! Regardless, they love their music and they have an ear for it.

Eli is back on a Kings of Leon kick. He dabbles in Satellites and Sirens, Foo Fighters and Outkast, but his go-to is usually KOL. Maddie has a more diverse, pop taste these days. Not sure how I feel about it. Recently the song "Tick Tock" (which I despise) came on the radio. Before I could change it, she shouted "Dat my song, Mommy!!" Apparently she heard it as a ringer on some one's phone and fell in love. And she is a HUGE fan of Lady Ga Ga. She knows "Paparazzi" and "Poker Face" pretty well, but even if "Bad Romance" comes on the radio, she lets me know it's "Poker Face song". The good news is she still likes KOL, she still likes Fee, and when 'Sweet Caroline' comes on, she can't stop herself from dancing.

No comments: