Thursday, March 04, 2010

Maddie-isms

It's been quite the week for them! This girl has no filter and no inner 'maybe-i-shouldn't-say-or-ask-that' gauge. (Not that she should, at two.) But it is always interesting to hear what she says. Here are the reader-friendly ones from the last few days:
  • "I work at school and MOPS": Lehr helped Maddux go to the bathroom one morning before he left for work. When he put her back in bed, they talked about hanging out together and whatnot. She told him she didn't want him to leave, but he told her he had to go to work. Lehr then asked, "Do you want to come to work with me?" Maddie furrowed her eyebrows, shook her head and said, "Oh no, Daddy. I work at skoohl and MOPS."
  • Baby: Maddie is going through a new thing right now where she wants to do what others are doing. She sees Eli ride a bike and asks, "When I a big boy, i do dat?", or she sees an adult wearing something she likes and asks, "When I a mommy, I wear dat?". Her latest is about babies; she obviously is unaware of the order of life. Maddux walked into the kitchen, pointed to a picture of a baby friend of ours (sucking a pacifier in the picture), and asked, "When I a baby, I have one of dose?" And she now asks something about being a baby every day.
  • Bedtime: Maddux does not have a hard time going to sleep on her own, but she does love to cuddle and be held, especially at bedtime. Often times when Lehr or I are putting her down she'll get all cute and sentimental. Last night, when I was reaching into her crib and rubbing her face, she told me, "Mommy, I wanna keep your hand wiff me." Life is good.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Ha! I can only imagine what her "non-reader-friendly" Maddie-isms are!