Friday, March 26, 2010

Be Still, My Heart

Oh Maddie. How I love thee and how you love others. My sweet girl is still in the business of caring for and helping those who need comfort. She has helped out with kids in her class at school when they have a rough 'missing-Mommy' day, and now she's taken that role to the gym with her too.

When Maddux and I went to the gym today, I dropped her off in the toddler room, as usual. I then had ten minutes left before my class started, so I went downstairs before coming back up. On my way up the stairs, one of the childcare workers (who has been in there since I first brought Maddux at six or seven months) stopped me to tell me how wonderful Maddux is. (DUH!) She said that another little girl comes in every day for about an hour and cries almost the whole time. No matter what they try to do to console her, she ends up staying near the glass, sad. This woman told me that Maddux has gotten her to play each time she's been in there with her (about once/week). She consoles her, brings her toys, and gets her to interact and stop crying every time. She then told me what a gift Maddux has. It was SO wonderful to hear this! I know Maddie has a gentle heart, but how cool is it to hear from other people. Especially when it's displayed so freely and without request.

No comments: