Tuesday, March 09, 2010

More Maddie-isms

We just can't get enough of these this week!!
  • Last week the two of us drove through our old neighborhood on the way to Eli's school. We moved when I was about seven months pregnant with Maddux. She asked why we were driving through there and I told her that we used to live in one of the houses before she was born - when she was still in Mommy's tummy. Later that day she told Eli we went to the old house: "Our house when I was living in mommy's belly button."
  • Maddux loves to sing the days-of-the-week songs. I use the tune of Frere Jaques and we do English, Spanish or French. Before naps today I asked Maddux what song she wanted to sing. She told me, "Monday, Tuesday", so we sang in English. Then in Spanish. Then it was time for naps and she asked if we could sing the other one next time. I told her sure and as I left the room I heard her sing this: "Loooon-ess, Mart-esss, Looon-esss, Mart-esss, Weeeh-ehhh-z-day! Weeeh-ehhh-z-day! Loon-ess and Mart-ess. Loon-ess and Mart-ess. Sabado, Domingo. Sabado, Domingo." Nice compilation, Mad Dog!

No comments: