Sunday, November 02, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Ah Sunday. Even though it signals the end of the weekend, it is usually my favorite day because we spend it together. The morning starts with church, but then it is usually lunch on the back deck and a nap followed by some family activity. Today that activity was a favorite of mine and Eli's: mowing the lawn. I'm not a crazy person who likes yard work, but in the last year I've taken on the responsibility of mowing and Eli almost always accompanies me. As I was pushing the mower today, he followed closely behind, adjusting his controls every few minutes. When I stopped to empty my bag, he always told me, "My bag is full too, Mommy." So we had to empty his mower into the can after we emptied mine. During one of these drops, Eli made my day. Possibly my year. He looked me in the eyes and said, "Mommy, I like mowing wiff you." Sometimes I wish I could pause life and just live in certain moments for an extended period of time....

No comments: