Wednesday, November 19, 2008

David and That Other Guy

Eli's class gets to attend chapel once a month. This school year has operated a little differently than last, so some things have not been explained as well as before. I remember the older classes going to chapel last year, but I didn't realize until a few weeks ago that Eli was now considered 'older'. At some point recently I asked Eli, "Do you know Pastor Fritz?" and he told me that yes, he knew him because he talked to Eli's class in the big room. This was good news to me because it is great practice for Eli to learn how to sit and listen to a speaker when in a large group (all of the classes meet in the church together).

Since I saw Pastor Fritz in the parking lot today, I decided to ask Eli if he had chapel today. As luck would have it, he did! Immediately Eli informed me that Pastor Fritz told them about David and that other guy. The following is Eli's description, word for word:

"David put some wood on a string and he swung it around and around and then it hit that other guy in the head. He hit that really really big guy. That giant. Not on the nose...on the foreface. Right in the middle of his foreface. He not use firewood...he use house wood. Not from our house, but from someone else's house. From that guy's house."

On a side note, we had issues this morning and then again before lunch. Eli spent some time in the time out chair and received some correction before his meal. After the whole process, I asked him to put his shoes in our shoe corner. (We have an area near the garage where we remove our shoes before going upstairs.) Obviously Eli's first-child instincts told him he needed to make up with Mommy because when I just passed said corner on my way up to the computer just now, I saw that Eli had lined all of the shoes up (about six pair of Eli's, Maddux's and my shoes) in a row: nice and neat.

No comments: