Friday, November 17, 2006

Papa, Can You Hear Me?

He's done it. Eli has gone and impressed the socks off of Lehr. Every night when Lehr comes home I hear the garage door open and ask Eli, "Do you hear that? Daddy's home." As I do this I sign "Daddy". For the last week Eli has started to mimic that sign, but usually only one time and not very accurately. Tonight he did it twice before Lehr walked into house and several times since. I think Lehr was speechless; he had no idea Eli was even close to knowing that sign.

Here is a short clip of one of Eli's first attempts earlier this week:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's awesome!! He knows so many signs- Gray has kinda made up his own. Eli is just TOO cute!

Anonymous said...

I have to try this with Liam... because he surely isn't going to SAY da, pa or anything any time soon. Breaks Ian's heart...