Friday, November 17, 2006

The Big Reveal Part I

So I planned a 'fun' way to tell Lehr the news: Eli and I bought a book titled "I'm a Big Brother" in hopes that Lehr would get the clue. Since I found out the news around lunchtime, it was a LONG day before Lehr came home....I am so not good at keeping big news like this in! Around 6PM, Lehr came home and we had dinner right away. It was ALL I could do not to tell him! But then I reminded myself that I'd dragged Eli and I out in the rain to get a book ....I needed to stick with the plan!! So after dinner I said, "Let's go upstairs before Eli's bath and play a little. We went into Eli's room and played with a few things. Then I said "Eli, do you want to show Daddy your new book? Where is it?" So Lehr is talking to Eli in 'daddy-voice' and asking him if he got a new book, etc. I opened the closet and try to coax Eli to grab the book but of course he doesn't. So Lehr comes over and tries to sit with him to read it. Lehr turned the book over and (in his daddy-voice) reads "I'm a Big....What??" The look on his face was PRICELESS!!! He said "Are you sure?" several times. Eli was looking at us like we were crazy; that poor kid has NO idea how much his world will change a year from now!

No comments: