Monday, October 23, 2006

W.I.R.E.D.

OK....who did it?

Who slipped the Red Bull into Eli's milk at dinner?

Eli woke up from his afternoon nap screaming in what appeared to be unbearable pain. After trying to soothe him in as many different ways as I could think of for 15 minutes, I figured it must be teething and gave him some Motrin. Shortly after he returned to normal (just in time for Daddy to come home....it figures!). Once dinner was finished, Lehr and Eli went upstairs to play for a few minutes before Eli's bath. I could hear the animated screams of delight all the way downstairs. I could also hear the crazed solo laugh of Eli as he played by himself. When I went up to check things out I saw a baby on speed. Eli was zooming in and out of rooms (on all fours), moving from one toy to another so quickly it gave me whiplash. He pounded the mallets on the xylophone, then he shook the bells, then he picked up the cup and pretended to drink, then he climbed up the chair, then he crawled into the bathroom, and so on and so on and so on. All within 20 minutes of his bedtime.... Eli normally has a lot of energy, but at 7:45PM, it was quite a tenacious display. My only guess is the Motrin gave him a little extra boost tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids fight over the medicine syringe. We have to make sure two are out at once. You would think, oh, I don't know, that they might play with TOYS, but NOOOOOOOO. They ibuprofen or tylenol dispensing object is the only GOOD thing to play with in my house too.

Anonymous said...

First, what a photo!!! :)

My son will do that...wake up CRANKY and then all of the sudden he's Mr. Happy. Go figure!

Gina said...

Loving that photo too! You get greatest shots!

That is interesting... maybe try the teething tablets next time? I haven't noticed that reaction with the motrin before. I have with benedryl though.