Friday, October 20, 2006

Shake It Like A Salt Shaker...

In case you weren't aware, Eli has been taking two music classes for a few months now. I signed him up for the first (non-free) before I found out about the second (free). I figured if nothing else it would be another good social outlet for him (and me!). He seems so interested in music at home; he sways his head and arms, uses sticks to bang on the drum, or spoons to bang on the pots and pans, shakes the tambourine, strums his apple, etc. However, once we arrive at either class, he does nothing but explore the instruments with his mouth. This is surprising to me considering we have almost all of the instruments he sees at home already. That changed yesterday. We got to the 'egg shaker portion' of class today and Eli went to town. (It's only fitting since that's the instrument he's had at home the longest, and the one he uses most frequently.) He shook that egg like crazy for three whole songs; the class leader even commented on that. Ahh, my little rockstar....

2 comments:

T.S. Eliot said...

After reading this post I went our and bought my Elijah 2 egg shakers. He loves them! Thanks for the idea. What a cute little rock star you have :-)

BlondeBrony said...

Isn't music magical!

Love the photo.