Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Real Simple

Eli is very into the simple pleasures of life these days. The vacuum is (and has been for some time) his favorite toy. On the days I vacuum the floors Eli spends a good 20 minutes inspecting all of the tubes and compartments before I plug it in.

In addition to his pots, pans, and tupperware infatuation, Eli is a little obsessed with socks. Usually his own, but if I'm folding my socks he still perks up. Recently he started trying to tighten his shoes with the tool each night; now he's using the same tactic to attempt returning his socks to his feet.

Another 'simple' game Eli plays is the silo game. He has a Little People barn with a silo attached. There is a operable door at the bottom of the silo for Eli to collect dropped toys. This afternoon he dropped the sheep down the silo, opened the door and took her out, dropped the sheep, opened the door, and so on and so on for close to ten minutes.

Finally there is Flounder. We have a large stuffed Flounder from back-in-the-day when The Little Mermaid first came out in theaters. Since Eli is mobile enough to wrestle with the toy now, it has become a big source of entertainment. See for yourself...

(BTW - we recently got a new computer with new video software, so if the clip looks to be of 'older' quality, that is the effect I was going for. Yes, I'm aware that particular effect is lost on web-viewers considering most video looks 'old' online anyway. I'm excited about the new software - bear with me.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! That is so cute! I love the jack johnson song playing. It works perfectly.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! That is sooo CUTE. I love the old time effect on the video :)