Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Peanut Vs. Peanut Butter

This girl is giving me a run for my money already. Eli was born at a respectable weight and gained from there. Maddux was born small and had to go for one weight check, but they basically laughed at me when I went in the day after I left the hospital because she jumped up immediately to the 75%. Ruby, on the other hand, is determined to be a peanut.

She's eating great - she requires coaxing to eat some times, but in general, she does really well. And her diaper output (if you're a parent, you get it) is indicative that she is getting plenty at each feeding. Her weight, however, will not budge. She was born at 5lb 15oz. She was down to 5lb 10oz the day we left the hospital (very normal). Her first weight check found her still at her hospital exit weight, and her second weight check only found her up to 5lb 12oz.

I've been checked out by two lactation consultants a total of three times and they agree that everything is going fine, except for the scale. Tomorrow we go for yet another weight check and hopefully my little peanut has chunked up to more of a buttery stature.

No comments: