Friday, July 15, 2011

Sports Camp

The kids attended a Sports Camp at the YMCA for a few hours each morning this week. It is a camp they wanted to participate in last summer, but it booked up too fast. I made sure to get them on the schedule early this spring so they wouldn't miss out again. Eli and Maddux ended up being in different groups at the camp, even though they weren't grouped by age. This allowed me to get very different stories about the day's activities each afternoon. I do know they played basketball, roller hockey (I can't quite believe it), tennis, racket ball and soccer. And on the last day they got to swim. One day when I picked them up, one of the instructors, Eli's group leader, actually, came out and asked me if Eli played any sports. I told him baseball and he responded that Eli has been a bit 'obsessed' with hockey. I told him that Eli's grandfather had played and it really piqued his interest. That day Eli had drawn a picture of a hockey game during the camp. Awesome.

No comments: