Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Maddie

I could post one of these 'thoughts' at least once a day.... That girl is just full of one-liners and quick-witted stories; she keeps everything interesting! In the past month, it has been rare for the house or the car or the bath or her room to be quiet. Every second of every day has been filled with a Christmas soundtrack, consisting mostly of tunes she learned at school for her concert. The most common songs were (are) Rudolph, Chipmunk song, and I Saw Mommy Kissin' Santa Clause. She never ever stops. In fact, when she does, I take pause because it takes me a moment to figure out what's 'wrong'; the music is such a part of our day that when it's not there something feels off.

Mad Dog loves to care for her babies. Right now she has a few that she drags (literally) around a lot. She will put them in a suitcase (since her stroller was destroyed long ago), in my BOB stroller, or in a small little baby bjorn she received as a gift.

Maddie's clothing is something to be admired. I have a lot of fun dressing her in colorful and 'loud' outfits, but in case I forget, she always accessorizes to make up for my shortcomings. If she does her hair, no less than four clips will be used, and if she dresses herself, mismatched socks and scarves and mittens are always included. On the flip side, around bath time, or morning dressing time, some outfits LACKING in appropriate amounts of coverage are also common.

And what a Dancing Queen she is. Maddux loves to twirl around to music playing, whether it's in her head or on the computer. She spins and sashays and shimmys up a storm...no matter the tune.

Finally is her temper. She is really coming into her independance. Matching that with her need and desire to be loved and to show love is a struggle. She'll fight me, but then bow her head and sob until I hug her and reassure her. Maddux is also still a bit 'insecure' at bedtime. If I'm not 'working' outside of her room (in the computer room) when she goes down, she is all kinds of upset. We're working through it, but it is quite the process. What a fun time we are having with that (insert severe sarcasm).

No comments: