Monday, August 03, 2009

Back On Track

So today was all about just getting back in the swing of things. No plans, a few errands, and lots of downtime. Eli was pretty much an angel all day...no whining or anything. (It figures though, since he whined more in the last two weeks to last him a long time.) Maddux was, well, Mad Dog. What can I say.

We had a few gems this morning. Eli was playing while I got breakfast ready. He put a few small toys in a plastic bag he got from FIA yesterday. Then he placed said bag on the stairwell and told me, "Mommy, that's nunya." Later he told me, "Mommy, that bag is nunya bizness." And then before we left the house, Eli concluded the episode with, "I gotta go get my nunya." (*We throw around a lot of 'nunya' in our house.)

When we were outside playing ball, Maddux requested the tee. She had some trouble moving it out of the garage and Eli came to her rescue immediately. He asked her, "Maddie can I help you?" She nodded and said, "Yesssss." As Eli walked past me, he looked over his shoulder at me and said, "I'm pretty strong."

I got both kids a haircut today. I didn't want to, but their bangs were a little too long and shaggy and my hand is not steady enough to cut a straight line. As always, I regretted it as soon as we left the salon. The haircuts are fine, but I miss my messy, adorable, looking-through-their-hair-at-me kids.

No comments: