Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday Re-Cap

Eli had soccer practice this afternoon. Last week was SO cold that Maddie and I had to bail on the last ten minutes or so; we camped out in the car due to the low temps. This week was the opposite; it was so warm that both kids had on light t-shirts and shorts! As always, Eli had a blast kicking around the ball with his friends and team-mates. Maddux really stepped up her game though. She is getting quite good at dribbling the soccer ball! I am so excited for next spring or fall when she is old enough to play! She stayed with the team for most of the practice, participating when she could.

Maddux has improved some other skills as well. Mainly her dramatics. She will sit in her crib and 'cry', but the second you come in to her room, she turns it off (no tears) and gives a big smile. It's easy to spot her fake cry: no tears and she gives a silly little eye-pout that is very different from her real cry.

I took the kids to the Botanical Gardens today. I tried a first: no stroller. Neither child needs the stroller at this time, but keeping track to two children (especially two that have strong wills if they decide to disobey) can be scary at times. That being said, I am getting tired of having to push a stroller everywhere and keep track of it when the kids are not physically inside of it (like I usually do at the Gardens). I'm happy to report they did great! I had to carry Maddie once or twice because she refused to walk the right way with us, but for the most part she obeyed. And they both had an absolute blast at the playground part of the Children's Gardens. It consists of a slide and tree house only, but the slide kept them both pretty busy. At one point there was another little boy there close to Eli's age. His grand-parents told me he has a baby sister Maddie's age at home. The three of them slid down, ran up the stairs, slid down, ran up the stairs, slid down for a L O N G time. I'm surprised neither of my kids fell asleep on the way home! Since I had no stroller, I also had no camera - no pictures to show our good time.

No comments: