Friday, March 27, 2009

Reverse!

And just like that, today we had an awesome day. I had a few conversations with Eli before school about what he was to do when he arrived at school today. He knew he needed to apologize to the little girl he kicked and ask for her forgiveness. When his teacher got him from my car this morning, I filled her in on the details, so she knew to watch for his fulfillment of the apology process. When Maddie and I picked him up, we were told he had a GREAT day. Music to my ears. Eli told me exactly what he told the little girl (it was just as rehearsed) and then he told me that she said, "I forgive you" after he asked for her forgiveness. Awesome. The kids played really well while I made lunch. Since we've had 427 inches of rain in the last two days, the back yard was filled with puddles. And it was still raining. Eli begged me to let him put on his rain boots and play in the rain. I couldn't see why not, so I dressed both kids and sent them out, watching through the kitchen window while I made soup and sandwiches. They had a blast. It was SO wet and soppy out there, and they couldn't get enough of it. They played really well and never fought at all. They came when I called them and I changed them into clean, dry clothes. Even Eli's underwear was wet - crazy!

After dinner, Lehr transformed a huge (HUGE) cardboard box into a mini house for the kids. They loved it and Eli even added a stove to his 'kitchen' inside.

No comments: