Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Vocab Update

Since I no longer have a running list of Eli's words and signs in the sidebar I figured I'd let everyone know of his progress (or lack there of). Even though he's still not speaking as much or as clearly as most of his (female) friends, he's come a long way in the last few weeks. Here are a few of the most recent:

Elmo = Melmo
Eli = Ee-loo
Big Bird = Beh bah
yogurt = gurt
Cooper = 'Per
bird = bihrrr
bye = baahh
cracker = cra. kher.
Amen = manen-manen
book = boo-uh
train = dhoo dhoo
monkey = oh. eee.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Don't worry about where he's at! I say that as someone who had a 18 month old with only 3 words and even those were not clear. Boys especially are slow. We went one time to speech therapy and decided to wait until he was 2 and by 2 he was talking great now we miss the quiet days :) It bothered me at first because he was so behind some of his friends but I've learned that they all develop differently. Even though I still catch myself playing the compare game.