Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"Big" Ultrasound

We had our mid-way ultrasound this morning; Lehr planned to meet Eli and I there to see the ultrasound and then meet with the midwife that delivered Eli. Unfortunately Lehr got there about 10 minutes late and missed the main event. The one time the ob office was right on time, he was a little late! Eli and I were called back right at 11AM and whereas we are usually told to sit in more chairs to wait, this time we were ushered right back into the u/s tech room. This caused me a little stress because that meant that there was no one to watch Eli but he was amazing. Made me so proud! He stood next to a chair and played with the three toys I took out for him during the whole ultrasound.

So I stayed strong and did not find out the gender (though I was tempted, just because it would have been so easy to find out). I asked the tech to look for clubfeet, but lo and behold, as of now they look SOO straight! Totally a shocker for me....I 100% expected to have foot issues again since the probability is so high. (Not that we're out of the woods yet, but this is a good sign.) The heart, skeleton, and organs looked great too, so everything seems to be growing right on schedule. Lehr got there right when we left the u/s room, but he got to meet with the midwife with me. I got to see one yawn, but for the majority of the time, the baby sucked on his/her thumb.

No comments: