Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Missed Milestone

It wasn't until I went to the pediatrician last week that I even realized Eli was getting himself to a sitting position on his own. When he first started his army crawl, once he got himself to all fours he was stuck there. He could roll, but he couldn't get himself into a seated position. That was two months ago and now he is going from sitting to crawling to pulling up to lying on his back....basically everything. When the doctor asked me if he was sitting on his own I had to think about it. I hadn't witnessed him do it, but I see him crawl and then the next minute he's sitting, so I answered yes. As soon as we got home I started watching him carefully to see if he was indeed moving to a seated position, and if he was, how was he doing it? It's quite a cute process, actually (what a shocker!): he pushes his butt back until he's sitting. The main time he displays this behavior is when he crawls over to his book shelf, pulls off all of the baby books (the ones he's "allowed" to pull off), and sits down to read.

Also, he is clapping much more. It's very common for me to look in the rearview mirror and see Eli clapping and swaying his head side to side. Go White Boy Go White Boy Go!!!

3 comments:

BlondeBrony said...

Great photo.
I love the story too. It's amazing how babies adapt and do what they need to do.

My niece never really crawled, she scooted on her butt.

Jamie said...

The 'milestones' fly by and double up sometimes and they are easy to miss, but you do a great job.
Looks like he is getting ready for Christmas already with Frosty there. :)

Anonymous said...

CUTE! Just wait until you have your second child. You are so busy with TWO kids you miss a lot of milestones. HA!

Way to go, Eli!!!