Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Big THANK YOU!

For those of you who have been following my posts, you may remember that this last weekend was my 30-mile 2-day Walk for Breast Cancer. I made it back in one piece and Eli had a great 40-some hours alone with Lehr.

The walk was quite a success. There were approximately 1,000 walkers and we collectively raised over $1.2 million, at least 70% of which will stay in Atlanta to help with research and support for breast cancer patients. For those who have never participated in a walk similar to this, I encourage you to give it a try one year. The experience is amazing, even if you just work as a crew member at pit stops or registration. Thank you all again SOO much for everything. For those who donated, with your help we surpassed our fundraising goal and have helped over 45 local breast cancer organizations with educational, research, financial assistance and support programs. For those who sent me words of encouragement, your support means so much to me and it helped me finish the last stretch Sunday morning when my body was telling me it would rather sit than walk!

No comments: