Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What's All The Fuss?

If I didn't know better, I'd think Eli was a (moody) toddler after the day we've had. He's been whimpering and crying at every little thing! Maybe it's the rain, maybe it's teething, or maybe it's the fact that the Cubs lost last night...Regardless, I hope it's short lived! He actually conjured up tears when I gave him some plum slices to play with this afternoon. Let me re-phrase that: I gave him plum, and to get him interested, I put it to his lips (and he licked the plum) before I placed it on his high chair tray, at which point the tear factory started. It appears he expected me to stand there and hold the plum for him so he could explore it with his mouth; never mind the fact that he is 100% capable of holding the fruit himself (which he demonstrated quite well for 20-some minutes last night). When he realized that I wasn't going to be his personal fruit-holder, he whimpered a little and then picked up the fruit and entertained himself for a few minutes before crying AGAIN because one of the plum slices had fallen into his catch-all bib and he couldn't get it out. (NEWSFLASH: That's why I gave you multiple slices, Eli!!)

By this point you're probably thinking, "Man, is she in for a rude awakening when he hits 2!" Rest assured, I am aware of what is to come; Eli shows me on a daily basis that he will give me a run for my money in the stubborn department. He goes so far as to push my hands away when I try to show him how to sign...there's gratitude for ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Yep you have him pegged as a little man that will give you a run for your money! You are probably right!
He is precious. He has done remarkably well with all of his surgeries. (from the pictures I've seen)
You have a little gift there in the size of a pint size little man!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I must ask- where do you get his cute clothes? : )