Friday, April 14, 2006

Sign of the Times

I really think Eli is starting to pick up this sign language thing; I could swear that he's been trying to communicate with me via his hands the last few days. Ok, Ok, so Lehr tells me (as does common sense) that I'm imagining things, but I think I'm right. I know when Eli starts to sign that it won't be clear what he's trying to do considering his less than complete control over his fingers, so when I say he's signing, I mean he's doing something with his hands. Every time I nurse him now (when I usually sign "milk" to him), he's been giving me a hand signal that I can only hope is his version of "milk". And when he's eating, he has been bringing his hand to his mouth (not to eat his fingers) a lot more, so again, I'm hoping he is signing "eat". See for yourself: here is a picture of Eli signing "I Love You".

No comments: