Saturday, April 15, 2006

A Week in Photos

When Eli was born, and we decided I would quit my job to stay home with him, I worried about losing any skill set (applicable outside the home) I might have had. To try to maintain some 'office-worthy' brain cells, I threw myself into creating and maintaining a website for Eli. Then I decided to try to pick up a challenging 'hobby': photography. As much as I would love to take classes, it's not happening now that I've got a 2-foot cling-on with me at all times. So for now, learning will have to mean lots and lots (and LOTS) of practice. Thank God for digital cameras, because otherwise we would have gone broke due to film costs alone! Though I'm finding I'm able to take better pictures than I did when I started, it's not because I'm learning more about my camera; I'm just learning what lighting works better, what framing works better, etc. (I'm too lazy and too overwhelmed by the instruction manual of the camera to even tackle the many buttons available to me.) So with that said, this week's Ofoto submission of Eli is a big one: he had two 'photo shoots' with mom in the last 5 days. But with such a willing subject, can you blame me?

HAPPY EASTER!

9 comments:

Kelly Curtis said...

Well done! Darling photos.

Mama Duck said...

Just beautiful, I love them! We played as well ;).

fivetimemom said...

Those pictures are great. He is such a cutie....

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures. I love b/w photos! Here via 5 Minutes For Mom.

Anonymous said...

Here via 5 minutes. Love those photos. Very creative props!

Real Women Scrap!

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

Your very good!!! Your photos are amazing!

Turtles said...

Those are great pictures. I love that you used black and white. I just read an article at the doctor's office today about taking black and white photos and how great they can turn out. I'll have to take some and see how they turn out.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures - thank you for sharing.

Trisha said...

Wow! Wish I had the talent to do something like that! Excellent photos!