Wednesday, January 04, 2017

All The Emotions

Sitting here on the eve of Ruby's first day of her new school, special needs pre-k, all a bundle of emotions. The last three nights I've been up at 3AM, unable to sleep. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's my anxiety about what lies ahead for us tomorrow morning keeping me up.

I am so excited, so hopeful, so encouraged about what this next step will mean for her, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous too. Nervous about how Ruby will do with this longer day of school. Worried this situation won't help her reach any more of her potential than her other school. Scared that she will pick up bad behaviors from other kids instead of good ones. Fearful that we're settling for something less instead of pushing her to reach higher. Terrified that we are doing the wrong thing.

So tonight is a Proverbs 3:5 night...

No comments: