Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Maddux Musings

Maddux has an unlimited supply of crazy random thoughts that come out in every day conversation. I wish I could capture them all, but they are far too many and frequent. Here are a few from this week that I remembered:
  • One of Maddux's favorite books to read is "Beginner French", which is just a book full of pictures labeled with french words. She's always like to flip through it, but recently has asked for me to read it to her at bedtime, as if it were a story. Last night when I read it to her, she repeated the words to me, as usual, but with a very "Joey-from-Friends" flair to it. "Om-floo-fee! Sew-too-pew!"
  • For Mommy-Maddux-Monday this week, Maddux requested we go to the library. Or as she calls it, the 'live-berry'.
  • We had another one of our 'when I grow up' conversations this week. When I asked Maddux what she wanted to be when she grew up, she said "a mommy", as she usually does. Then I asked her if there was anything else she wants to be, in addition to a mommy. Her answer was, "Princess", as one might guess. The kicker was her response to my inquiry about what it is that a princess does: "Marry".
  • The kids have a few place mats for the table still, all with an educational theme. One of Eli's favorites has pictures and names of the Presidents of the United States. Maddux pulled it out for her own use this week and asked me several questions about them. Among the questions was, "Can only boys be presidents?" I told her that girls can be presidents too, but none have been yet. Then I asked her if she would like to be President one day. She shook her head and said, "Nah. I don't want that much 'sponsibility."

1 comment:

Niki said...

'Sponsibility'...aahahahaha!! I love it