Monday, November 08, 2010

Randomness

That sums up Maddux these days (well, actually, most days!).

This last week I started to talk to Maddux about months. In her pre-school class they have different 'jobs' each day. One of the jobs is 'calendar', which means the helper for the day gets to help put the day, the date, and the month on the calendar in the morning. Somehow in our conversation we went from playing on the playground, to wearing pants, to leaves... Then Maddux says (totally out of the blue), "Oh, and O-vember."

So I ask Maddux, "What month is it?"
She responded correctly with "O-vember".
"Your, right. And in November, what do we do?"
Maddux says, "Well, we do a TURKEY DANCE!" In her defense, that was a weird, open-ended question.
I responded with, "Yes, we do a turkey dance, but we also have a holiday. Thanksgiving is a time when we show extra thanks for all that God's given us. What things are you thankful for?"
"I know I'm thankful for the princesses!"

No comments: