Friday, November 19, 2010

My Heart Belongs To Daddy...

That is true at our house. Even though lately Maddux's renovation-prompted insecurity at bedtime has favored me, she loooves her Daddy. Lehr got to spend a few morning hours at the house one day this week which meant breakfast with Mad Dog. She loved that. But what she loved even more was Daddy driving her to school. That is something that never gets to happen because of the hours she attends (very 'mid-day-ish'). She was over the moon to be able to direct him to which streets to take, and then which doors to use and which hallways to walk down to get to her classroom. And when I dropped her off today, her teachers could not stop telling me how much Maddux gushed about her dad that day. She kept telling them, "Dats my daddy" and "My daddy brought ME to school today". It was a good reminder that just those little things go SUCH a long way with our kids and their self-worth. That five minute breakfast and ten minute school drive and walk-in made Maddux feel so so valued. It's really quite amazing (and SCARY) how much weight we hold with our kids!

No comments: