Thursday, April 09, 2009

Dress-Up Doll

That's my girl. I never felt I needed to have a girl because I wasn't really into the dress-up thing. God obviously knew that I might not accessorize my baby enough, so he gave me a girl who knows how to accessorize herself. She loves to play with the trains, and getting dirty is one of her favorite past-times. But she always has her beads on. 27/7. All of the time. Maddux is well-known around church and a few playgroups as 'the girl with the beads'. She finds them around the house and piles them around her neck. Then she plays baseball. Or pushes trains and makes bear noises. Maddie's dress-up is not limited to beads, however. She still loves to wear her tutu, and most recently she's taken to trying on Eli's clothes. When Grandma Cathie got Eli a new shirt (he calls it his 'Daddy work shirt') and tie for Easter, Maddie was quick to try it on herself.

Maddux is talking up a storm. She repeats almost everything she says, though it's not always easy to comprehend. And she rarely signs because of her increasing vocabulary. My favorite new Mad Dog phrases are "Thank you" and "I love you". Though when she talks, it sounds like, "Tank-Ou!!!" and "I of ouuu." Both said very fast. Video will follow soon.

No comments: