Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Music To My Ears

Several weeks back, Eli had the pleasure of receiving a Sunday School lesson by the head of our church's kids' ministry. She had glowing words to say about my boy, much to my pleasant surprise. She told me that Eli was one of the most engaged and he answered all of the questions correctly during the lesson (despite being one of the youngest in the class). Apparently the lesson had to do with God's gifts and how many people do work for God. The teacher had put together a book containing pictures of our church staff. Eli was able to correctly identify all but two people (who he's never met) and tell what their 'job' was for God. He then told the class about what his Daddy does for God on Sunday mornings. Very sweet. Given the issues we've been having with Eli at his regular school as of late, this story made my whole week.

No comments: