Sunday, December 17, 2006

Traditions

Every year since I can remember holiday 'light-seeing' has been a must-do in December. When I was a kid I loved to drive around and see all of the beautiful displays of lights covered in snow (I grew up mostly in the great white north). When I moved out and started my own traditions with Lehr, this is one that stuck. Like it or not, each year Lehr is 'lucky enough' to drive around with me in search of the best decorations. This tradition is one I plan to continue with Eli. A few weeks back we drove around after dinner one night looking at lights and Eli loved it. Luckily it was warm enough that we could keep his window rolled down, giving him an unobstructed view of the Santas and snowmen. Tonight we went out again, but this time it was to an outdoor display in Centennial Olympic Park. Since the weather is still unseasonably tolerable, we walked around the park for an hour or so while Eli 'oohed' (no 'aww's) at all of the lights, trees, and decorations. There was a mini-train driving around the park which caught Eli's eye; his version of "choo choo" is "doh doh".

A few people have commented on Eli's "Chicks Dig Me" shirt. I cannot remember the website I found it on, but there are similar t-shirts available on Uncommon Goods and Cafe Press.

No comments: